What you need to know about our adoption process.
Choose which animal you’d like to adopt. You can see our adoptable animals on PetFinder or you can stop by our shelter at 5526 Hendersonville Road in Fletcher. We are open 10 am – 5 pm Monday – Saturday, and noon – 5 pm on Sunday. We are closed on Wednesday. Some of our animals on Pet Finder are in foster care. If the animal you’re interested in is in foster, contact us so we can arrange a time for you to meet. We also hold regular adoption events so check our schedule for one near you!
Come for a meet and greet. If you have existing pets, bring them with you to meet your potential adoptee. You must meet the animal you’re interested in adopting before we can consider your application. This is an important step in the process. It enables you (and us) to determine if the animal is a good fit for you, your family, and your lifestyle, and to answer any questions you may have.
Complete the adoption application.
At Charlie’s Angels, we believe it is our duty and our responsibility to make sure that every animal in our care is adopted into a safe, loving environment and given every chance for a long, happy life in a forever home. We consider every application seriously to make sure it is the best fit for the animal and the potential adopter.
Once your application has been reviewed, a member of our home visit team contact you about scheduling a home visit. The home visit is for the benefit of the animal and the adopter. After all, our goal is always a successful adoption! During the visit we discuss feeding, training, the best way to introduce your new pet to the family, vaccination schedules (especially with puppies and kittens) and address any safety or welfare concerns. If you have existing pets, we will also contact your vet to verify that your animals are up to date on vaccinations, on heart worm/flea prevention, spayed or neutered, and in good health. If you rent your home we will also contact your landlord to verify that they accept animals and ask if there are any restrictions, such as a weight limit.
When your application is approved, come to our shelter, sign the adoption contract, pay the adoption fee, and pick up the newest member of your family!
Choose which animal you′d like to adopt.
You can see our adoptable animals on PetFinder.com or you can stop by our shelter at 5526 Hendersonville Road in Fletcher. We are open 7 days a week. Some of our animals are in foster care and those are included on the PetFinder website. We also hold regular adoption events so check our schedule for one near you!
Courtesy Listings –
Pet Owners – If you have an animal that you would like to place up for adoption on your own, we can help with a courtesy listing on our Pet Finder page. Send a complete bio, medical history, your name, address, email, and phone number along with three good photos of the dog to Info@CharliesAngelsAnimalRescue.com.
Potential Adopters – If the animal you are interested in is one of our courtesy listings, contact the owner directly. Charlie’s Angels Animal Rescue is not involved in the adoption process for a courtesy listing and does not attest to the accuracy of the information provided by the owner of the animal.
We will not process any adoption application until the potential adopter has met the animal.
If there are other animals already in the home, we also require a “meet and greet” with the existing house pet and any dog being considered for adoption. When there are multiple applications for an animals, our preference is to adopt locally.
Charlie’s Angels will not knowingly adopt any animal:
- To any individual under the age of 21 years
- To individuals with a history of animal abuse, neglect or abandonment
- To homes where current pets are not spayed or neutered, not on flea and heart-worm prevention or not up to date on all required vaccinations
- To be used for experimentation
- To be slaughtered for food or to breed animals for slaughter
- To be used as an attack guard dog
- To be turned over to a person who has been refused an adoption
- To be given to another person who is unaware of the adoption
- To a residence where pets are not allowed
- To an individual who is not considered an adult
- To a home where the animal is going to be chained
- To a home where all family members are not in favor of the adoption
- To a home with dogs that are living outside full time
- To a home where the cat adopter intends to allow a cat to be kept outside
Charlie’s Angels adopts animals to self-sufficient adults who demonstrate that they are responsible persons and can give adequate assurances that they intend to provide proper care for an animal’s entire life (15-20 years).
All adopters must have a vet or have selected one to use for their new pet. Proper care includes the following:
- Proper diet and fresh water
- Safe, comfortable shelter from the elements and potential dangers
- Routine and emergency veterinary care
- Proper identification on pets and complying with local animal laws
- Adequate training and supervision
- Daily exercise and companionship
- Flea and tick preventative, heart-worm preventative, and all required vaccinations, must be up to date at the time of application.
- Animals already in the home should be spayed or neutered. Spay and neuter surgery for adopted pet will be done at an appropriate age if not already performed prior to adoption
Charlie’s Angels prefers a fenced yard for our adoptees, but fences are not mandated in all cases.
However, in specific situations, certain dogs may require a fenced yard. Charlie’s Angels does not prohibit the use of invisible fences, but discourages their use when the owner is not at home.
A member of the adoption team will follow-up by phone call or email with the adopting family 2 weeks after an adoption is completed. In certain situations, a second home visit may be required. Any failure of the family to follow the adoption agreement made with Charlie’s Angels can result in the adoption being voided and the pet being returned to the organization.
What if my circumstances change or the adoption doesn′t work out?
We understand that sometimes an adoption doesn’t work out and that circumstances can change. If that should happen, animals adopted through Charlie’s Angels Animal Rescue can be returned to us. Adopters will be required to sign an owner surrender form and may be asked to pay a $100 surrender fee. Every effort will be made to accommodate an adopter’s needs, but our ability to accept an animal back into our rescue is dependent on available space at our shelter and may be delayed if no runs are available.